ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 1:15 p.m.
as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual
the format of the agenda has changed.)
Call and Determination of Quorum
of the Agenda
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen
requested to be placed on agenda)
1) Request to waive Landfill disposal fees in the amount of $221.22, Ann Van Loan, Western Resources for dis-ABLED Independence (Referred from the April 4, 2005 City Council Meeting)
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
2) Smoking/ventilation at the
3) Electronic sign brightness and naming rights - Alderman French. (Continued from the
4) No. PW030105-02 and No. PW032905-01 - Introduction and first reading of an ordinance regarding discounts on water, sewer and garbage utility bills. (Continued from the
5) 100 Block of Saint Francis – sewer backups (Equalization Hearings – Alderman Kroeger) (Continued from the
6) No. PW041205-01; No. CC040405-04 Recommendations for
7) Fitzgerald Yardwaste Site (Referred from the
8) No. PW041205-02 - Signage to
9) Request that the issue regarding cathodic protection on water lines be referred to the Development Appeals Review Board – Alderman Kroeger
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
10) Utilities Master Plan Discussion (Referred from the
11) No. CC040405-01 Approve bid award for Sixth Street Memorial Park Water Transmission Main Project No. W04-1423 opened
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
12) No. PW041205-03 - Transportation of Natural Gas for City of Rapid City/Rapid City Area Schools from
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
13) No. PW041205-04 - Request Authorization for Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Access Agreement with Plum Creek Development (Referred from the
14) No. PW041205-05 – Request Authorization for Mayor and Finance Officer to sign a Sewer Service Agreement Extension with the Rapid Canyon Sanitary District
15) No. PW041205-06 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Canyon Lake Drive PCCP Panel Repair Quotation; Project No. STCM05-1461
16) No. PW122804-17 - Request to Solicit Statement of Qualifications and Request for Proposals for Update of the City’s Water and Sewer Master Plans and Development of Water and Sewer Modeling Programs; Project No. PW05-1447. (Continued from the
17) No. PW122804-18 - Request to Solicit Statement of Qualifications and Request for Proposals for Update and Revision of the City’s Design Criteria Manuals; Project No. PW05-1446. (Continued from the
18) No. PW041205-07 - Approve the Amended Resolution (Amended April 1, 2005) setting time and place for hearing on Resolution of Necessity for Block 8 Alley Paving and approve Out of the Dust Funds and City Matching Sewer Funds in the amount of approximately $25,000.00 to install approximately 310 lineal feet of sanitary sewer and approximately 600 lineal feet of asphalt paving of an alley located in Block 8 of the West Boulevard Addition.
19) No. PW041205-08 - Request acknowledgement of the
20) No. PW041205-09 - Request permission to release a portion of retention to Mainline Contracting for Heidiway Lane Sewer Extension Project No. SS01-1061 for an amount of $5,000, leaving a balance of $2,264.94 to be retained until the final item of grass growth is complete.
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
21) No. PW041205-10 - Presentation regarding second access to Spring Brook Acres.
22) Discussion of Special Study Area designation for Plum Creek Subdivision and Elks Country Estates (Referred from the
23) No. 05SE002 - Plum Creek Subdivision –the request by Centerline for Plum Creek Development to consider an application for an Exception to allow platting four lots within a Study Area - Plum Creek Subdivision in Plum Creek Subdivision located in the SW1/4 of Section 16, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located along Willowbend Road. (Continued from the
24) No. 05PL038 - A request by Ted McBride for Jonna K. Fitzgerald and Teena Miller for a Layout Plat on Lots 1-3 of SW1/4 of the SW1/4 Section 32, T2N, R7E, less Lot A, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, legally described as SW1/4 of the SW1/4 Section 32, T2N, R7E, less Lot A, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, located south of Timberland Trail. (Referred from the
25) No. 05FV001 - Northbrook Village Subdivision - A request by Iven Vian to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot high fence within the required 25 foot front yard setback on Lot 16, Block 2, Northbrook Village Subdivision, Section 13, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 4406 Titan Drive.
26) No. 05FV002 - South Park Addition - A request by Todd Wiebelhaus to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a nine foot high fence in the Medium Density Residential Zoning District on Lots 13 and 14, Block 12, South Park Addition, Section 12, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 106 East Meade Street.
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION