ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 1:15 p.m.
as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual
the format of the agenda has changed.)
Call and Determination of Quorum
of the Agenda
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen
requested to be placed on agenda)
1) Request Authorization for Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Access Agreement with Plum Creek Development
ITEMS FROM THE MAYOR
2) Approve Appointments to the Solid Waste Committee
FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) Smoking/ventilation at the civic center – Alderman Kooiker
4) Electronic sign brightness and naming rights - Alderman French (continued from the
5) PW030105-02 and PW032905-01 - Introduction and first reading of an ordinance regarding discounts on water, sewer and garbage utility bills. (Continued from the
6) 100 Block of Saint Francis – sewer backups (Equalization Hearings – Alderman Kroeger)
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
7) No. PW032905-02 - Change Order No. 1F for 2004 Mill and Overlay Projects, Various Locations, Project No. ST04-1396 to J&J Asphalt for a decrease of $25,579.01
8) No. PW032905-03 - Change Order No. 1 for North Elk Vale Sewer Main Extension, Project No. SS03-1292 to Mainline Contracting, Inc. for a decrease of $1,863.94
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
9) No. PW032905-04 - Request authorization to advertise for bids for Sludge Dewatering Polymer.
10) No. PW032905-05 - Request authorization to advertise for bids for
11) No. PW032905-06 - Request authorization to advertise for bids for Skyline Drive Water Main Extension
12) No. PW032905-07 (no attachment)- Request authorization to advertise for bids for Hot Mixed Asphaltic Concrete and Asphalt Maintenance Mixtures
13) No. PW032905-08 - Request authorization to advertise for bids for Downtown Alley Resurfacing, Project No. ST05-1445; CIP #50379
14) No. PW032905-09 - Request authorization to advertise for bids for
15) No. PW032905-10 - Request authorization to advertise for bids for 2005 Street Painting Contract, Project No. PM05-1475; CIP #50594
16) No. PW032905-11 - Request authorization to advertise for bids for 2005 Street Marking Contract, Project No. PM05-1463; CIP #50593
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
17) No. PW030105-07 - Amendment No. 1 to the Professional Services Agreement between Bareis Engineering, Inc. and the City of Rapid City for engineering services for the relocation of existing sewer and water facilities that interfere with the highway reconstruction Project No. SSW04-1393; CIP #50229 for an amount not to exceed $9,305.00
18) No. PW032905-12 - License Agreement between DM&E Railroad and the City of Rapid City to maintain and use an 8” sanitary sewer line near MP 648.24, Milwaukee Street, Rapid City, SD for Zero Dollars and 00/100 ($0.00) Milwaukee Street Improvements, Project No. SSW02-1196; CIP No. 50337
19) Declare surplus for trade-in: Hewlett Packard 750C Plus Plotter City Inventory #18428 Serial #ESA7A08946
20) No. PW032905-13 - Lange Road Right-of-way Acceptance;
21) No. PW032905-14 - Request Authorization to solicit Requests for Proposals for Consultant Services for the East Highway 44 Utility Reconstruction Project in conjunction with the SDDOT grading project, Project No. SSW05-1469; CIP #50479
22) No. PW032905-15 - Request Authorization to solicit Requests for Proposals for Consultant Services for the Utilities Reconstruction on West Chicago, Mt. Rushmore Road and I-190 in conjunction with the SDDOT paving projects, Project No. SSW05-1468; CIP #50493
RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
23) Fitzgerald Yard Waste and
24) Snow Disposal Site Alternatives
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
DEPARTMENT OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
25) No. 05PL020 – A request by Centerline for Plum Creek Development for a Layout Plat on Plum Creek Phase II located in the SW1/4 of Section 16, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, legally described as the SW1/4 of Section 16, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, located east of the intersection of Willowbend Road and the Southeast Connector. (Continued from the March 7, 2005 City Council Meeting and the March 16, Public Works Committee Meeting).
26) No. 05SE002 - Plum Creek Subdivision – A request by Centerline for Plum Creek Development to consider an application for an Exception to allow platting four lots within a Study Area - Plum Creek Subdivision in Plum Creek Subdivision located in the SW1/4 of Section 16, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located along Willowbend Road. (Continued from the
27) No. 05RD001 - Section 3, T1N, R8E - A request by City of Rapid City to consider an application for a Resolution renaming DeGeest Street to DeGeest Drive on the DeGeest Street right-of-way lying adjacent to Lots 1-15 of Block 11, Lots 1-15 of Block 12, Lots 1, 2 and 8 of Block 13 and Lots 1-5 of Block 14 all located in Big Sky Subdivision, and Lot 1 Revised of DeGeest Subdivision, all located in Section 3, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being the DeGeest Street Right-of-Way lying generally south of Homestead Drive.
28) No. 05SE003 - Elks Country Estates - A request by Sperlich Consulting for Kaski Homes to consider an application for an Exception to the Street Design Criteria Manual to allow access to be taken from the higher order street on Lot 11, Block 10, Elks Country Estates, Section 16, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at the intersection of Padre Drive and Sawgrass Court.
29) No. 05VE001 - Elks Country Estates - A request by Sperlich Consulting for Kaski Homes to consider an application for a Vacation of a Non-Access Easement on Lot 11, Block 10, Elks Country Estates, Section 16, T1N, R8E, BHM,
30) No. 05VE002 - Skyline Pines Subdivision - A request by Sperlich Consulting for Thomas Gagliano to consider an application for a Vacation of an Access Easement on Lots 8 and 9, Block 2, Skyline Pines Subdivision, SE1/4 SW1/4 Section 11, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 1501 Pevans Parkway and 3289 Sandstone Lane.
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION