ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Tuesday, November 30, 2004, 1:15 p.m.
as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual
the format of the agenda has changed.)
Call and Determination of Quorum
Minutes of November
of the Agenda
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
1) Request to leave curb, gutter and sidewalk as installed at 1111 Oriole
Drive – Steve Taylor and Frank Scarpelli, Jehovah’s Witnesses (Continued
from the November 9, 2004 Public Works Committee Meeting)
FROM THE MAYOR
FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
2) Consultant Pre-selection Committee Report (Information Only)
3) North Rapid Code Enforcement and Neighborhood Needs – Alderman French
4) Lighting and Parking at the Skatepark – Alderman Kooiker
5) Senior Citizen and Disability Discounts on Utility Rates – Alderman French
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
7) No. PW113004-01 - Fifth Street and
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
8) No. PW110904-05- Change Order No. 1F to Lange Road Sanitary Sewer Project Number SS03-1253 to Heavy Constructors, Inc. for an increase of $14,378.15
9) No. PW113004-02 - Change Order No. 1F to
10) No. PW113004-03 - Change Order No. 2F to
STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
11) No. PW113004-04 - Request authorization to advertise for bids for Canyon Lake Dam Maintenance Project No. DR04-1433 to perform normal repairs to spillway to correct seepage problems
MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
12) No. PW113004-05 - Financial Agreement between the City of
13) No. PW113004-06 - Amendment No. 3 to the Professional Services Agreement between Kadrmas, Lee &
14) No. PW113004-07 - Amendment No. 1 to the Professional Services Agreement between Ferber Engineering and the City of
15) No. PW113004-08 - Professional Service Agreement between Designworks, Inc. and the City of
16) No. PW113004-09 - Professional Service Agreement between TSP Three, Inc. and the City of Rapid City for the 6th Street Memorial Park Water Transmission Main Project W04-1423, CIP #50439 for an amount not to exceed $38,800.00
17) No. PW113004-10 - Agreement Waiving Right to Protest between Lew and Kerry Papendick and the City of
18) No. PW113004-11 - Request authorization to solicit Requests for Proposals for Geotechnical Exploration program and Corrosion Protection Design for Mall Drive Transmission Main Extension & Alternate A – N. Maple Water Main Extension - Project No. W04-1260
19) No. PW110904-09 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign 2005-2007 Management Contract between Black Hills Council of Local Governments and the City of
20) Request permission to negotiate with computer aided dispatch firms for transit dispatching software
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
21) No. PW113004-12 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to sign an Amendment to the Professional Services Agreement between RESPEC Consulting & Services and the City of Rapid City for Air Quality Testing at the Material Recovery Facility for an amount not to exceed $370.00 to test the indoor air quality of the Material Recovery Facility office area, not included in the original scope of work
22) Landfill odor issues (referred from the 11/15 City Council meeting)
23) Request permission to advertise for bids for sweeper broom refills.
OF GROWTH MANAGEMENT
24) No. 04SE004 - CHMH Subdivision and Rainbow Ridge Subdivision - A request by Dream Design International, Inc. to consider an application for a Special Exception to allow 106 dwelling units with one point of access in lieu of 40 dwelling units as per the Street Design Criteria Manual in the S1/2 NE1/4 of Section 23 and S1/2 NW1/4 NW1/4 of Section 24, all located in T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County South Dakota, more generally described as being located at the west end of Northridge Drive.
OF PARKS AND RECREATION