ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the Public Works Department 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
AGENDA FOR THE PUBLIC
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
1:15 P.M.; Tuesday, March 9, 2004
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination
Approve Minutes of
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee
on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken
at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the
agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
PW022404-01 Request Variance from City sewer hook up, Kerry and Lew
2) No. PW030904-01 Signs in the right-of-way
Coordinate volunteer snow removal program for elders and disabled, Alderman
No. 01 and final for Rapid City Fire Department Fire Station #3 Project
No. FD03-1266 to Gustafson Builders for an increase of $4,629.07
5) No. PW030904-03 Heidiway Lane Sanitary Sewer Extension Project No. SS01-1061
7) No. PW030904-05 Card Key Security and Identification System for Water Treatment Plant Project No. WTP04-1384
Well No. 11 Pump Replacement Project No. W04-1387
9) No. PW030904-07 Amendment No. 02 to Professional Service Agreement with McLaughlin Water Engineers, Ltd. to provide on-site facility start-up services of Water Reclamation Facility and Cocompost Facility Construction Phase Services Project No. WRF02-1174 for an amount not to exceed $13,169.00
10) No. PW030904-08 Professional Service Agreement with HKM Engineering to design Low Level Water Reservoir Interconnection Project No. W04-1374 for an amount not to exceed $9,975.00
PW030904-09 Professional Service Agreement with RESPEC to conduct
indoor air quality evaluation for an amount not to exceed $7,998.00
No. PW022404-16 - Options to attempt to reduce vehicle speeds on
13) No. PW030904-10 (Information only) Public Works Consultant Pre-Selection Committee Report
Approve Out-of-the-Dust funds in the amount of $4,000 to pave a portion of
an alley in Block 14, Schnasse Addition located between
Authorize staff to proceed with Request for Proposals for Centre Street Sanitary
Sewer Extension Project No. SS00-940
Discuss time frame for water bill use for free access to landfill
17) No. 04VE005 Approve a Vacation of Utility and Minor Drainage Easement for petitioner Dream Design International, Inc. on Lots 1 and 2 of Autumn Hill Plaza Subdivision, located in the NW1/4 of the SW1/4 and the SW1/4 of the NW1/4 of Section 22, T1N, R7E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located along Sheridan Lake Road.
04FV001 Deny a Fence Height
Exception for petitioner Michael D. Letcher to allow a six foot fence in a Low
Density Residential District on Lot 1 of Block 2 of Robbinsdale #7 Subdivision,
Section 12, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more
generally described as being located at 221 E. Fairmont Boulevard.