PUBLIC WORKS AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
1:15 P.M., Tuesday, April 1, 2003
1) DR00-902, Knollwood Detention Pond Element 310
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
2) No. PW040103-01 - Landfill Shop Building to Lost Cabin Constructors, Inc., No. 1F - LF02-1232, for an increase of $1,187.07
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
3) No. PW040103-02 - Current Year Easement Machine (Self Propelled, machine used for jetting backyards and hard to reach areas.
4) No. PW040103-03 - 2003 Roadway Marking Contract
5) No. PW040103-04 - Liquid De-Icing Chemical
6) No. PW040103-05 - Edge Milling – AC Pavement edge milling at various locations in preparation for overlays by city Street Division STCM03-1295 (CIP #50444)
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
7) No. PW040103-06 – Amendment #2 to Professional Services Agreement with FMG, Inc., East St. Louis and Waterloo Watermain Reconstruction Project No.:W01-1084, for an amount not to exceed $9,464.50.
8) No. PW040103-07 - Amendment #1 to Professional Services Agreement with FMG, Inc., Omaha Street Utilities – 12th Street to East Boulevard, Project No. SSW02-1106, for an amount not to exceed $28,088.60.
9) No. PW040103-08 - Right of Entry Agreement with SDDOT Project NH 0235 (01) 0, PCEMS No. 3151, Southeast Connector, South Portion.
10) No. PW040103-09 - Bridge Repairs/ST03-1161 – Chapel Lane, E. Main Street and Sheridan Lake Road bridges over Rapid Creek, TSP Three, Inc.
11) No. PW040103-10 - Use of Easement and Indemnification Agreement, between the City of Rapid City and JR Investments, LLC
12) No. PW040103-11 - Canyon Lake Drive Reconstruction, Project No. ST03-817 – Testing/Inspection of Canyon Lake Dr. grading/utilities projects from Dakota Dr. to Soo San Dr., FMG, Inc.
BUILDING INSPECTION DIVISION
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
14) Sale of one (1) 1998 Commercial Crane Carrier Refuse Truck with Heil Formula 5000-20 yd. body, s/n 1CYCCK48XWT043413 to the City of Belle Fourche. Their offer is for two annual installments of $16,000 for a total of $32,000. This is the appraised amount.
15) Automated Garbage “Ratio of garbage cans to residential units”
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
16) No. 03FV001 - Schnasse Subdivision - A request by Linda Swanson to consider an application for a Fence Height Exception to allow a six foot privacy fence in the front yard setback on Lot 1-2 of Block 19, Schnasse Subdivision, Section 31, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 421 Racine Street.
17) No. PW040103-12 - City Walk Through Inspection Program
18) Criteria used in all impact fee waivers, including the number of units and the meter size.
19) No. PW040103-13 - Leslie Potts, 4061 Jolly Lane, Driveway Access onto Jolly Lane
20) Dawn Laskowski – American Red Cross – “Together We Prepare” Program
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
21) Hay Contract Extension
ALDERPERSONS’ ITEMS & COMMITTEE REPORTS
22) Water Levels in Pactola (Sam Kooiker)
ADDENDUM NO. 1
23) No. PW040103-14 - One (1) New Current Model Year Stump Grinder for the Parks Divison
ADDENDUM NO. 2
24) Information Only - Remove Mary Hall Park from the Leash Free Pets Parks Designation