|Public Works Agenda|
ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the Public Works Department 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
PUBLIC WORKS AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Wednesday, October 10, 2001 -- 1:15 p.m.
1) No. PW101001-01 – Award ST01-871, Highway 16/Promise Drive Street and Utility Construction Project to the lowest responsible bidder meeting specifications,R.C.S. Construction, Inc. for the low unit prices bid for a total contract amount of $450,802.65
2) No. PW101001-02 – Award Two (2) New Current Model Year Compact Skid Steer Loaders to the lowest responsible bidder meeting specifications, Jenner Equipment for the low unit price bid of $44,570 less trade-ins for $18,084 for a total contract amount of $26,486; and award Alternate A – One (1) New Current Model Year Tandem Trailer to the lowest responsible bidder meeting specifications, Jack’s Truck & Equipment Company for the low unit price bid of $2,403.34
APPROVE CHANGE ORDER
3) No. PW101001-03 – No. 01 for SSW98-753, Fifth Street Utility Reconstruction Project to Heavy Constructors Inc. for a decrease of $28,253.37
4) No. PW101001-04 – No. 01 for SS00-926, West Rapid Street, Kinney Avenue & 32nd Street Sanitary Sewer Reconstruction Project to Hills Materials Company for an increase of $11,120.54
5) No. PW101001-05 – No. 04F for SSW00-948, Columbus Street, Third Street, Sixth Street Utility Reconstruction Project o Mainline Contracting, Inc. for a decrease of $37,162.02
6) No. PW101001-06 – No. 01F for ST00-1021, Corral Drive & Park Drive Right Turn Lane Project to Heavy Constructors, Inc. for a decrease of $457.90
7) No. PW101001-07 – No. 01 for STCM01-1054, 1056 & 1129, 2001 Street Mill and Overlay Projects to Hills Materials Company for an increase of $12,280.47
AUTHORIZE STAFF TO ADVERTISE FOR BIDS
AUTHORIZE MAYOR AND FINANCE OFFICER TO SIGN
8) No. PW091201-12 – Agreement with Skyline Pines Development Company L.L.C. to provide water service to development
9) No. PW101001-08 – Amendment No. 01 to Professional Service Agreement with McLaughlin Water Engineers, Ltd. for WRF00-1020, Water Reclamation Facility Upgrade/Expansion and Co-composting Facility Design for an amount not to exceed $160,000
10) No. PW101001-09 – Professional Service Agreement with RESPEC, Inc. for WRF01-1149, Water Reclamation Facility Remediation Plan and Groundwater Monitoring Plan Revision for an amount not to exceed $19,980
11) No. PW101001-10 – Agreement with Mary Anne Curry of 5583 Wildwood Drive for a Permanent Utility Easement (associated with SSW00-943, Wildwood Street and Utilities Construction Project, Grading, Surfacing, Curb & Gutter, Storm Sewer, Water Main, Water Transmission Main and Sanitary Sewer Main)
BUILDING INSPECTION DIVISION
12) No. PW101001-11 – Set Time and Place for Hearing on November 5, 2001 for Assessment Roll for SWK01-1096, Sidewalk Improvements Project
13) Discuss funding, installation date and school crossing location in association with the Traffic Signal Change from 5th/Meade to 5th/Indiana
SOLID WASTE DIVISION
14) No. PW101001-12 - Approve Revised Policy on Exceptions to Residential City-Conducted Water Line Repair
15) No. PW092601-12 – Approve Revised Policy on Private Service Line Locates
WATER RECLAMATION DIVISION
16) No. 01VE011 – Approve a Vacation of Drainage and Utility Easement for petitioner Complete Home Builders Inc. on Lot 2, Block 1, Valleyridge Subdivision, Section 3, T1N, R8E, BHM, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 5443 Solitaire Drive.
17) No. 01VE018 – Approve a Vacation of Utility Easement for petitioner David and Juanita Edinger on Lot 7, Block 4, Mallridge Subdivision, Section 13, T2N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 4420 Colt Lane.
18) No. 01VE019 – Approve a Vacation of Utility Easement for petitioner Diane Rolof on Lot 23R, Block 13, Robbinsdale Addition No. 8, Section 18, T1N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 1105 Sycamore Street.
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR’S ITEMS
ALDERPERSONS’ ITEMS & COMMITTEE REPORTS
19) No. IDPF011002 - (Information Only) Status of Fifth Street, Mall Drive and Anamosa Street projects - Infrastructure Development Partnership Review Committee (Alderman Dreyer)
20) No. PW101001-13 - Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for WRF01-1152, Security Fencing for Water Reclamation Facility