ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Wednesday, June 15, 2011, 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination
Approve Minutes of June 1, 2011
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
ITEMS FROM MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
1) No. LF061511-01 - Jeanette Keck - Report from the Ad Hoc Chapel Valley Emergency Management Task Force
2) No. LF061511-02 - Ad Hoc Sign Code Revision Task Force Committee Recommendations (referred from the June 6, 2011, City Council meeting)
3) No. LF061511-04 - Approve Event Permit for Firefighter Combat Challenge on July 16-17, 2011
4) No. LF061511-05 - Approve Event Permit for Firehouse Brewing Company for Motorcycle Parking on the North Side of the 600 Block of Main Street August 7-12, 2011
5) No. LF061511-06 - Request to Waive Banner Fee for Firefighter Combat Challenge
6) No. 11TP014 - Rapid City Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan - Final Report
7) No. 11TP015 - Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign a No Cost Time Extension for the Completion of the Piedmont Valley and Black Hawk Neighborhood Area Future Land Use Plan
8) No. LF061511-03 - Rapid City Historic Preservation Commission - Request to Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Allocation Award between the State Historical Preservation Office, Office of History and Rapid City Historic Preservation Commission Project Number SD 11-012 in the Amount of $16,000
9) Acknowledge the Following Volunteers for Workmen's Compensation Purposes: Margaret OLeary, Cynthia Robertson, Spencer Ray
10) No. LF060111-19 - Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance 5720 Regarding Supplemental Appropriation #5 for 2011
11) No. LF061511-07 - Resolution No. 2011-079 Writing Off Uncollectable Ambulance Billing Accounts
12) Evidence Building and
Public Safety Building Parking Ramp Financing Options
CITY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
13) No. LF061511-08 - Resolution No. 2011-078 to Add the Hilton Garden Inn to the City of Rapid City's Business Improvement District No. 1
14) No. LF061511-09 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5725 Clarifying the Permissible Fireworks in the City of Rapid City by Amending Section 8.24.020 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
LF061511-10 - Acknowledge Bingo Request from The Club for Boys