ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination
Approve Minutes of February 16, 2011
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
ITEMS FROM MAYOR
1) No. LF030211-15 - Confirm Appointment of Jeffrey Schild to the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board to fill Unexpired Term of Michaele Hofmann for a Term to Expire December 31, 2011
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
LF030211-01 - Acknowledge Capital Improvement Program Committee Monthly
Update for February 2011
3) No. LF030211-02 - 2012 Subcommittee Recommendation for Timeline for Approved Projects
4) No. LF030211-13 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5714 Allowing the Keeping of Chickens in the City of Rapid City
5) No. LF030211-03 - Approve Event Permit for St. Patrick's Day Parade to be Held on Saturday, March 19, 2011, at 10:00 a.m.
6) No. LF030211-04 - Authorize Staff to Accept Grant in the Approximate Amount of $1,500 from South Dakota Department of Agriculture Fire Grant
7) No. LF030211-05 - 2011 Training and Travel Budget
8) No. 11OA001 - Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance No. 5712 Requiring a Disclosure Statement be Provided to Owners of Property When the City of Rapid City or the Rapid City Planning Commission is the Applicant Requesting the Property be Rezoned by Amending Section 17.54.040 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
9) No. 04TI005 - Red Rock Meadows - Resolution No. 2011-018 to Dissolve Tax Increment Financing District No. 46 North of the Intersection of Sheridan Lake Road and Muirfield Drive
10) No. LF021611-08 - Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance 5709 Regarding Supplemental Appropriation No. 4 for 2011
11) No. LF030211-06 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5713 Repealing Chapter 1.08 of the Rapid City Municipal Code Relating to Wards and Precincts and Adopting a New Revised Chapter 1.08 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
12) No. LF030211-07 - Resolution No. 2011-010B Levying Assessment for Cleanup of Miscellaneous Property
13) No. LF030211-12 - Update on 2010 Annual Report
14) No. LF030211-08 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign the State of South Dakota Consultant Contract/Letter of Agreement for Consultant Services for the South Dakota Department of Corrections Adult Reentry Program
15) No. LF030211-09 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Local Government Certification by the Chief Executive Officer for Working Against Violence, Inc. for Emergency Shelter Grant Funds for the Operation of the Emergency Shelter
16) No. LF030211-14 - Resolution No. 2011-025 to Amend the Pay Matrix for Non-Union Employees
PARKS AND RECREATION
17) No. LF030211-10 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement between the City of Rapid City and the Black Hills Workshop for Custodial Services for Park Restrooms, Shelters and Recreational Facilities for the 2011 Season in the Amount of $79,303
CITY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
18) No. LF020211-19A - Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance No. 5710 to Allow the Use of Teleconference Meetings by Adding Section 2.08.025 to the Rapid City Municipal Code
19) No. LF021611-15 - Sidewalk Vendor Licensing Review Process (continued from the February 16, 2011, Legal and Finance Committee meeting)
20) No. LF030211-11 - Acknowledge Raffle Request from Crazy Horse Memorial