ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Wednesday, June 16, 2010, 12:30 p.m.
as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual
the format of the agenda has changed.)
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination
Approve Minutes of June 2, 2010
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
1) No. LF061610-01 - Don Valle - Cowboy Fast Draw Association - Request to Hold Fast Draw Contest at Cabela's on July 10, 2010
2) Theresa O'Connell - Black Hills Disc Golf Confederacy - Request to Use Jackson Golf Park After 10:00 p.m. on July 24, 2010
ITEMS FROM MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) Take from the Table -
Direction on Resolution on Council Notification Procedures (tabled at the 5/12/2010
Legal and Finance Committee Meeting and referred from the June 7, 2010, City
Council meeting direction to the Committee to deliver the item to the Council)
4) Bid Law Presentation
5) No. LF061610-02 - Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for New Ambulance
6) No. LF061610-03 - Resolution No. 2010-071 Declaring Property Surplus
7) No. LF061610-04 - Resolution No. 2010-072 Approving and Authorizing the Execution of a Governmental Lease-Purchase Agreement and Supplements Thereto and Related Documents and Certificates for the Lease-Purchase of Two Fire Trucks
8) Authorize Finance Office to Establish a Fund for Cable Franchise Fee IT Projects and to Transfer $20,000 from General Fund to be Used for Matching Funds as per Franchise Agreements
CITY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
9) No. LF060210-21A - Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance No. 5616 to Amend the Homeowner Permits Exemption Established by the Rapid City Electrical Code by Amending Subsection 80.5 of Section 15.16.020 of Chapter 15.16 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
10) No. LF061610-05 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5623 Requiring Off-Premises Sign Credits be Surrendered Prior to the Construction of a New Off-Premises Digital Billboard or the Conversion of Any Current Off-Premises Non Digital Billboard to a Digital Billboard by Amending Chapter 15.28 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
11) No. LF061610-06 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement between the City of Rapid City and Doeck, LLC, for the Completion of Subdivision Improvements
EXECUTIVE SESSION for the purposes permitted by SDCL 1-25-2