ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 12:30 p.m.
as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual
the format of the agenda has changed.)
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination
Approve Minutes of December 16, 2009
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
1) Sylvia Conrad - Request
for Abatement of Special Assessments
ITEMS FROM MAYOR
2) No. LF123009-01 - Confirm Appointment of Tim Erickson, Jim Mann, and Floyd Schafer to the Trenching Board
3) No. LF123009-02 - Confirm Appointment of Gary Brown to the Sign Board of Appeals (Planning Commission Representative)
4) No. LF123009-03 - Confirm Appointment of William Morrison and David Ashbridge to the Residential Contractor Board
5) No. LF123009-04 - Confirm Appointment of Bill Waugh to the Tax Increment Financing Guidelines Review Committee
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
6) No. LF120209-03A - 2012 Process - Phase 4 Continued Discussion
LF123009-05 - Acknowledge Capital Improvements Program Committee Monthly
Update for December 2009
8) No. LF123009-06 - Approve the Capital Plan for Streets, Drainage, MIP Projects for December 2009
9) Recommend Moving Forward with the Traffic Safety Analysis to be Funded Out of the 2010 PL Funds
LF123009-07 - Recommend Approval of the Allocation of Parks and Recreation
CIP Contingency Funds in the Amount of $18,226 to the Wilderness Park Playground
11) Authorize the Parks and Recreation Director to go Directly to Council to Request Emergency Funding ($50,000) in the Event that a Boiler at the Rapid City Swim Center Fails
12) Recommend Carrying Over the $70,000 for Cemetery Road Paving and Irrigation into 2010 to Allow Staff to Begin Design Work for that Project
13) Recommend Carrying Forward
$112,800 into 2010 for Memorial Park North Irrigation to Allow Staff to Begin
Design for the Project
14) No. LF123009-08 - Resolution No. 2009-173 Writing Off Credit Balance Water Billing Accounts
15) No. LF123009-09 - Resolution No. 2009-174 Writing Off Uncollectable Utility Billing Accounts
16) No. LF123009-10 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Combined Election Agreement with Pennington County for the 2010 Municipal Election to be Held on June 8, 2010
17) No. LF123009-11 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Second Amendment to Professional Service Agreement by and Between the City of Rapid City and Occupational Health Network, Inc.
CITY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
18) No. LF120209-01A - Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance No. 5569 to Allow for the Conversion of an On-Premises Sign to Off-Premises Sign for More than One Parcel by Amending Subsection Q of Section 15.28.050 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
19) No. LF123009-12 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Medical Director Agreement with Dr. Kelly Manning
20) No. LF123009-13 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Release with Walgar Development Corporation