ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
LEGAL FINANCE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 12:30 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination
Approve Minutes of May 27, 2009
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
1) No. LF052709-01 - Storybook Island Lease (continued from the April 29, 2009, Legal and Finance Committee meeting and from the May 13, 2009, Legal and Finance Committee meeting and from the May 27, 2009, Legal and Finance Committee meeting)
2) Update from ATTA on the Pow Wow Grounds
ITEMS FROM MAYOR
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
3) Deb Hadcock - Update on Budget Inn Motel and Trailers Located Behind It (continued from the May 13, 2009, Legal and Finance Committee meeting)
4) No. LF061009-01 - DUI Overtime and Special Event Program
5) No. LF061009-02 - DUI Enforcement Program
6) No. LF061009-03 - Approve Travel Request for Kim Gerhardt to Attend Fundamentals of Latent Prints Introductory Course in Fingerprints for Forensic Examiner in Hammond, IN, July 26-August 1, 2009, in the Approximate Amount of $1,695
LF061009-04 - Approve Travel Request for Steve Allender to Attend International
Association of Chiefs of Police Annual Conference in Denver, CO, October 2-7,
2009, in the Approximate Amount of $1,760
8) Authorize Staff to Apply for 2009 Assistance to Firefighters Grant from Homeland Security
9) No. LF061009-05 - Resolution Writing Off Uncollectable Ambulance Billing Accounts
LF061009-06 - Approve Travel Request for Cameron Humphres and Ron Johnsen
to Attend AAAE/ALA Summer Legislative Issues Conference in Washington, DC July
12-16, 2009, in the Approximate Amount of $4,221
11) No. 09OA002 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5517 Revising Permitted and Conditional Uses and Area Regulations within the Airport Zoning District by Amending Section 17.58 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
12) No. 09TI001 - Sections 28 and 29, T2N, R8E - A request by Ferber Engineering Co., Inc. for North Street Fire Station, LLC to consider an application for a Revised Project Plan for Tax Increment District No. 69 on that portion of the SE1/4 north of Interstate 90 less Tract A of the NE1/4 SE1/4 including that portion of vacated East Mall Drive being part of the outside edge of Lot H5; Lot B-1 of Lot B of SE1/4 NE1/4; Lot A of Lot 1 and the balance of Lot 1, Lot A & B of Lot 3 and Lot 3 less Lots A & B, Lot 2, all of Silver Strike Subdivision; that portion of SW1/4 north of Interstate 90 including vacated East Mall Drive within said SW1/4 less Lot 1 of NE1/4 SW1/4, less Lots 1 & 2 of NW1/4 SW1/4; Lot 1 of NE1/4 SW1/4 including vacated East Mall Drive within said lot; NW1/4 including vacated East Mall Drive located within said NW1/4, less lots AR, B, C less E1/2 NE1/4 NW1/4, less E1/2 NW1/4 NE1/4 NW1/4; Lots B & C of NW1/4; Lot AR; E1/2 NW1/4 NE1/4 NW1/4; SE1/4 NE1/4 NW1/4; NE1/4 NE1/4 NW1/4; that portion of Lot D located in the NW1/4 NE1/4; Lot A and Lot C in NW1/4 NE1/4; Right of way of East Mall Drive; Right of way of North Street; Right of way of Distribution Lane; all located in Section 29, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota; and the Intersection of East Mall Drive and Dyess Avenue located in the western portion of Section 28 and the eastern portion of Section 29, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located north of U.S. Interstate 90, east of LaCrosse Street and west of Dyess Avenue
13) Acknowledge the Following Volunteers for Workmen's Compensation Purposes: Lauren Peiffer and Brittney Seitz
14) No. LF061009-07 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 5516 Regarding Supplemental Appropriation No. 4 for 2009
15) No. LF061009-08 - Declare Three Transformers Surplus and Authorize Using These Items as Trade-Ins
16) No. LF061009-09 - Resolution No. 2009-071 Declaring Property Surplus
17) No. LF051309-05 - Approve the City of Rapid City Technology Resource Usage Policy (referred from the June 1, 2009, City Council meeting)
LF061009-10 - Resolution No. 2009-072 to Amend the Contract between
AFSCME and the City of Rapid City by Establishing the Position of Equipment
Maintenance Chief to the AFSCME Pay Scale
19) No. LF061009-11 - Approve Travel Request for Tammie Krumm to Attend Annual Public Sector Human Resources Professional Conference in Nashville, TN, September 11-16, 2009, in the Approximate Amount of $2,897
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
20) No. LF061009-12 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement with Rapid City Racers Swim Club, Inc.
21) No. LF061009-13 - Parks and Recreation Facilities Partnership Program Revisions
CITY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
22) No. LF061009-14 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Lease Agreement with Rapid City Lodge No. 1187 of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks for Property Located at the Southern Edge of the Wally Byam Site
23) No. LF061009-15 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Covenant Agreement with Big D Oil Co.
24) No. LF061009-16 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Developer's Agreement with HDRK Properties, LLC for Tax Increment District No. 56
25) No. LF061009-17 - Approve Request from Sandra Curtis, d/b/a Granny's Goodies, for 2009 Ice Cream Vending License
26) No. LF061009-18 - Approve Raffle Request for the Rapid City Arts Council