ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
LEGAL FINANCE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Wednesday, June 30, 2004, 1:15 p.m.
(Note, as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of June 16, 2004
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
A time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
ITEMS FROM MAYOR
1) No. LF063004-04 - Rapid City Public Library - Strategic Plan Public Input Report
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND
2) No. LF061604-03 - Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance No. 4073 Adopting with Amendments the Campaign Finance Disclosure Requirements of SDCL Chapter 12-25 by Amending Section 2.32.020 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
3) CIP - Monthly Update
4) Alderman French - Discussion
of Group Home Use on Review Requirements
5) No. LF063004-01 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign User License Agreement for ASCLD/LAB Accreditation Manual with American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors
6) No. LF063004-03 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Medical Director Contract for Ambulance Service with Dr. Kelly Manning
7) No. LF063004-05 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Joint Power Fire Protection Agreement Addendum
8) No. LF061604-08 - Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance No. 4072 Repealing Chapter 15.12 of the Rapid City Municipal Code in its Entirety and Adopting a New Chapter 15.12 of the Rapid City Municipal Code Entitled Building Codes Adopted
9) No. LF022504-18 - Option for "Joint Identification" (Campus) Signs
10) No. 04TP014 - 2003 Rapid City Population Estimates
11) No. LF063004-02 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Maintenance Agreement with Century Business Products, Inc.
12) No. LF063004-08 - Resolution to Establish the Non-Union Position of Landfill Operations Supervisor
13) No. LF063004-09 - Resolution to Establish the Non-Union Position of Aquatics Division Manager
14) No. LF063004-10 - Resolution to Amend the AFSCME Union Compensation Wage Plan to Establish the Position of Recreation Facility Maintenance Operations Worker I, II, & III
15) No. LF063004-11 - Resolution to Amend the Salary Schedule for the Non-Union Position of Recreation Division Manager
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND
16) No. LF060204-03 - Funding Policy for Recreation Field Improvement Projects (i.e. irrigation)
17) No. LF063004-07 - Proposal to establish the Aquatics Division within the Department of Parks and Recreation
CITY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
18) No. LF063004-06 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 4074 Amending Sign Code Allowing Variance for Relocation of Existing Signs Due to Public Improvement Projects
19) Approve the Following Licenses:
Mechanical Apprentice: Anthony Krebs
Mechanical Contractor: Jesse Horst, Accurate Heating & Air
Mechanical Installer: Jesse Horst
Plumbing Contractor: Michael K. Lindberg, MKL Plumbing, Inc.
Plumber: Scott Piebenga
Plumbing Apprentice: Tyrel Wade Akley
Residential Contractor: Baumberger Construction, Robert L. Baumberger; Fortified Homes, Inc., Brenen Brown & Cody Burton
Sewer and Water Contractor: Jamie Gerlach, All Around Construction
Sewer and Water Journeyman: Donald Krebs
Trenching Contractor: Cody Schad, Schad Construction, Inc.