ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify the City Attorney's Office 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
Please remember to turn all cellular phones off or to vibrate when entering the council chambers.
LEGAL FINANCE AGENDA
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
Wednesday, February 11, 2004, 1:15 p.m.
as a result of the adoption of the City Council Policies & Procedures manual
the format of the agenda has changed.)
Roll Call and Determination of Quorum
Approve Minutes of January 28, 2004
Adoption of the Agenda
General Public Comment
time for members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Committee
on any issue, not limited to items on the agenda. Action will not be taken at
the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by
unanimous vote of the Aldermen present.
SPECIAL ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC (citizen requested to be placed on agenda)
Barbara Hansen – Subsidy for Mongolian Sister City Proposal
ITEMS FROM MAYOR
2) Discussion on Investment Council
3) Discussion on Standard Specification Review Committee
4) Discussion on Consultant Selection Oversight Committee
5) Discussion on Naming Rights Committee
6) Discussion on Council Liaison to Parks and Recreation Board
7) Discussion on Public Art Committee
Discussion on Deer Management
9) Office Furniture for Reorganization
ITEMS FROM ALDERMEN AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
10) Videotaping of Public Works & Legal and Finance Committee Meetings (continued from the January 28, 2004,Legal and Finance Committee meeting)
11) No. LF021104-01 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 4024 Requiring ID Checkers to have Security License (Hanks, French, Kooiker) (continued from the February 11, 2004, Legal and Finance Committee meeting)
Signs in the Right of Way
ITEMS FROM AIRPORT
LF021104-02 - Approve Travel Request for Kenneth E. Simmons to Attend
AAAE Spring Legislative Conference in Washington, D.C. from March 20-24, 2004,
in the Approximate Amount of $1,671
14) No. 04AQ001 - Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance No. 4020 Amending the Rapid City Air Quality Regulations by Amending Section 8.34.020 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
No 04OA002 -
Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance No. 4014 Amending Section
17.50.250(C) of the Rapid City Municipal Code Pertaining to Provisions for
16) No. LF021104-04 - 2004 Local Board of Equalization Hearings – March 15-19, 2004
17) No. LF021104-05 - Authorize the Finance Officer to sign a letter to State of South Dakota, Department of Legislative Audits, Requesting Time Extension for the 2003 Audit
18) No. LF021104-06 – Resolution Declaring Property Surplus
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
19) No. LF021104-07 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Purchase Agreement with The Active Network, Inc.
20) No. LF021104-08 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign RecWare Software Subscription Agreement with The Active Network, Inc.
21) No. LF021104-03 - Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign ProActive Software License and Service Agreement
CITY ATTORNEY’S OFFICE
22) No. LF021104-09 - Introduction and First Reading of Ordinance No. 4021 Repealing Chapter 1.08 of the Rapid City Municipal Code Relating to Wards and Precincts and Adopting a New Revised Chapter 1.08 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
23) No. LF012804-18 - Second Reading and Recommendation of Ordinance No. 4019 Amending the Regulation of Adult Oriented Businesses by Amending Section 5.70.120 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
No. LF021104-10 - Introduction and
First Reading of Ordinance No. 4000 Amending Motor Vehicle Noise Restrictions by
Amending Chapter 10.24 of the Rapid City Municipal Code
25) Approve the Following Licenses:
Residential Contractor: ABC Concrete, Garry McKinnon; Babl Construction, Gary Babl; Century Builders, Inc., D. Johnson, C. Ward, S. Olson, M. Wieseler; Robert Clarke; Creative Environments, Inc., Robert H. Johnston; Gollnick Contracting, Chad D. Gollnick; Knecht Home Center, LLC, Wallace Bork; L & P Construction Leslie R. Riss; Mechanical Drywall & Const., Terry McLaughlin; Larry Olson Construction, Larry H. Olson; RCS Construciton, Inc., Robert C. Scull; Reyelts Const., Inc., David Reyelts; Task Masters, Charlie Schlumpberger
Mobile Home Court: Deluxe Mobile Home Park, Wilcox & Reid, LP; Eastbrooke Mobile Home Park, Robert R. Batchelder; Hillsview Mobile Home Court, John Brewer; Huntington Park, Tom & Tammy Schreiner
Residential Contractor: Massie Construction, Charles F. Massie; Wood Duck Construction, Inc., Craig Mestad;
Second Hand: Matt Kimball’s Golf Shop, Matthew R. Kimball; Tires, Tires, Tires, Inc., Ron E. Tyrrell
Security Business: Steven L. Dary, S & K Security Specialists, Inc.
Barney’s Signs, Barney Jorensen; Epcon Sign Company, Mark Lynde