ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify Community Planning and Development Services 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
RAPID CITY HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION
Friday, November 7, 2014 7:30 A.M. – 9:00 A.M.
Rapid City Council Chambers
City/School Administration Complex
300 Sixth Street
Call To Order
Accept ‘Speaker Request Forms’ from members of the public who are not on the agenda
Approval of Meeting Agenda
11.1 Reviews -
Applicant: Justin Lena
District: West Boulevard Historic District - Contributing
Request: Replace original cedar siding with 4” HardiPlank siding to match existing profile
Applicant: James Evans
District: West Boulevard Historic District – Non-Contributing
Request: Add a 12' x 24' garage to existing garage to match existing 12" masonite siding and asphalt shingles
Applicant: Mario Rangel/Lee Geiger
District: Individually Listed – Church of the Immaculate Conception
Request: Replace (13) basement windows with fiberglass windows. 1) (7) Impervia single hung windows. 2) (5) Impervia fixed sliding windows. 3) (1) Direct set Fixed Frame Rectangle
Approval of Minutes
1. Approval of the October 17, 2014 meeting minutes
1. Budget Information – September 30, 2014
1. Registration for the 2015 Home Show is due November 12th. Staff requests action by the Commission on whether or not to reserve a booth. The Home Show is taking place March 27 – 29 at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center.
2. SHPO letter to the City in response to the study on October 27, 2014. The Lehe Report and Recommendations, and public comments received by the City on the report, are available on the City’s HPC website:
1. Motion requested by Chair Krull to obtain Commissioner Bio’s – 1 to 2 sentences.
2. Design Guidelines Subcommittee Monroe
3. Founders Park Kingsbury
SHPO Summary Report – SHPO concurred with the findings from the 10/17/2014 11.1 Reviews.
City Council Action Report – The City Council denied the appeal for 1725 9th Street.