ADA Compliance: The City of Rapid City fully subscribes to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you desire to attend this public meeting and are in need of special accommodations, please notify Community Planning and Development Services 24 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate auxiliary aids and services are available.
RAPID CITY HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION
Friday, August 1, 2014 7:30 A.M. – 9:00 A.M.
Rapid City Council Chambers
City/School Administration Complex
300 Sixth Street
Call To Order
Approval of Meeting Agenda
Applicant: Eric Monroe
District: Individually Listed – Rapid City Carnegie Library
Request: Remove/Replace/Update non-historic elements of interior finishes and equipment.
Applicant: Historic Rapid City
District: West Boulevard Historic District – Non-Contributing
Request: Approval to sell house, and subsequently move it to a new location TBD, to create parking for the McGillycuddy house.
Applicant: Jeremy Briggs
District: Downtown Commercial District – Contributing
Request: Rehabilitate two overhead doors – A) remove fiberglass overhead door and replace with wooden folding doors with window panes. This door will be able to open up entirely or only one door will open. B) Replace existing wood panels with glass and wood, per drawing.
1. 1116 South Street (13RS031)
Applicant: Bob Cathey/Richard Bray
District: West Boulevard Historic District – Contributing
Approval of Minutes
1. Approval of the July 8, 2014 meeting minutes
1. Budget Information – July 15, 2014
1. New volunteer rates have been published, increasing the value of volunteer donated time from $15.60 to $19.04. This change has been adjusted in the 11.1 Review Time Sheet. Starting with July, please use this figure when calculated your donated service sheets. See attached email from Chris Nelson and the SD SHPO.
2. There is a Realtor Workshop being held by SHPO on September 10. Please pass this information to anyone who may be interested.
3. There is a window restoration webinar being held on August 6 at 8:00 am MDT. Please pass this link along to anyone who may be interested. http://go.indowwindows.com/e/29802/082014hp/v88x/40895687
1. Website Freytag
2. Design Guidelines Subcommittee Monroe
3. Founders Park Kingsbury
SHPO Summary Report – SHPO concurred with the findings of the July 8, 2014 HPC meeting.