Please remember to turn all cell
phone off or to vibrate during the meeting.
Please remember to turn all cell phone off or to vibrate during the meeting.
AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
City of Rapid City, South Dakota
6:30 P.M., Tuesday, February 17, 2015
ROLL CALL AND DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
INVOCATION (You are welcome to participate, but not required)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
1. Citizen of the Month: Woody Nordstrom, Ward 1
2. Veteran of the Month: Ronald G. Twining, Ellsworth AFB
3. Special Recognition: Rhonda Blaeser and Darla Seger, Bethel Assembly Church
EXECUTIVE SESSION to discuss potential litigation pursuant to SDCL 1-25-2(3).
4. No. CC021715-04.1 Direction to staff regarding violations at 630 Saint Joseph Street (Buell Building)
GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT
A time for the members of the public to discuss or express concerns to the Council on any issue not on the agenda. Action will not be taken at the meeting on any issue not on the agenda, except by placement on the agenda by unanimous vote of the Council members present.
NON-PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS -- Items 5 - 41
Open Public Comment Items 5 - 37
Close Public Comment
CONSENT ITEMS Items 5 - 37
Remove Items from the Consent Items and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
5. Approve Minutes for the February 2, 2015 Regular Council meeting.
Vacations of Right-Of-Way Set for Hearing (NONE)
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications Set for Hearing (March 2, 2015)
6. Black Hills Lutheran School for a SPECIAL EVENT Wine and Malt Beverage License for an Event Scheduled for March 27, 2015 at Zion Lutheran School, 4550 S Highway 16.
Public Works Committee Consent Items Due to lack of quorum at the February 10, 2015 Public Works Committee meeting Items 7 25 are being heard for the first time.
7. No. PW021015-02 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Country Road and 143rd Avenue Water Transmission Main Extension Low Level, Project No. 14-2174 / CIP No. 50920. Estimated Cost: $1,800,000.00.
8. No. PW021015-03 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Pavement Rehabilitation Project Red Rock Area, Project No. 15-2236 / CIP No. 50549. Estimated Cost: $225,000.00.
9. No. PW021015-04 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for E. Signal Drive and Crescent Drive Street and Utility Reconstruction, Project No. 12-2052 / CIP No. 50949. Estimated Cost: $2,000,000.00.
10. No. PW021015-05 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Pavement Rehabilitation Project Minuteman Area Chip Seal, Project No. 15-2243 / CIP No. 50549. Estimated Cost: $200,000.00.
11. No. PW021015-06 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Two (2) Current model Year Single Axle Sander with Plow. Estimated Cost: $260,000.00.
12. No. PW021015-07 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Regenerative Air Sweeper. Estimated Cost: $235,000.00.
13. No. PW021015-08 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Water Flusher Truck. Estimated Cost: $162,000.00.
14. No. PW021015-09 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for Rapid Valley Sanitary Sewer Bypass, Project No. 13-2076 / CIP No. 50911. Estimated Cost: $530,000.00.
15. No. PW021015-10 Authorize Staff to Advertise for Bids for 2015 Miscellaneous Improvements Project, Project No. 14-2142 / CIP No. 50298. Estimated Cost: $324,192.00.
16. No. PW021015-11 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Agreement for Professional Services and Equipment Installation for WRF Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Improvements, Project No. 14-2159 / CIP No. 51022, in the amount of $374,378.00.
17. No. PW021015-12 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Professional Services Agreement for Reconstruction of Sheridan Lake Road from June Court to Rapid Creek, Project No. 14-2203 / CIP No. 50933, in the amount of $118,059.00.
18. No. PW021015-13 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Waiver of Right to Protest a future assessment for the installation of water and sewer in Sheridan Lake Road and Croyle Avenue as they abut Lot 1 of Country Meadows Subdivision, located in Section 29, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
19. No. PW021015-14 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Sign Waiver of Right to Protest a future assessment for the installation of curb, gutter, sidewalk, street light conduit, and pavement in Sheridan Lake Road and Croyle Avenue as they abut Lot 1 of Country Meadows Subdivision, located in Section 29, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota.
20. No. PW021015-15 Approve Request from Todd Stainbrook for a Variance to Waive the Requirement to Install Sidewalk per City Ordinance 12.08.060 Along Country Club Court for the Property Located at 3019 Country Club Court.
21. No. PW021015-16 Continue to the March 10, 2015, Public Works Committee Meeting the Policy Regarding Replacement or Reimbursement of Damaged Sprinkler Systems Within the Public Right of Way. (Referred from the November 3, 2014, City Council meeting)
22. No. PW021015-17 Authorize the Mayor and Finance Officer to sign Amendment No. 2 to Professional Services Agreement with Cetec Engineering Services, Inc. for Skyline Wilderness Park Trailhead Development & Dinosaur Park Improvements, Project No. PR13-6109 / CIP No. 51002.
23. No. 15TP006 Acknowledge the 2014 Traffic Count Book.
24. No. 15TP008 Approve the Transportation Improvement Program Amendment #15-004.
25. No. PW021015-18 Update on South Valley Drive Area Maintenance Terry Wolterstorff.
Legal & Finance Committee Consent Items
26. No. LF021115-01 Authorize Mayor and Chief of Police to Sign 2014 Federal Equitable Sharing Agreement
27. No. LF021115-02 Resolution No. 2015-012 Joint Resolution of Pennington County and the City of Rapid City Creating a Local All-Hazard Incident Management Team
28. No. LF021115-04 Resolution No. 2015-011A Fixing Time and Place for Hearing on Assessment Roll for Cleanup of Miscellaneous Property
29. No. LF021115-05 Resolution No. 2015-013 to Update Change Funds
30. No. LF021115-06 Resolution No. 2015-005 Establishing a List of Persons from Whom to Select Freeholders to Appraise Surplus Properties
31. No. LF021115-07 Resolution No. 2015-014 Declaring Miscellaneous Personal Property Surplus
32. No. LF021115-08 Approve New Direct Deposit Policy Associated with the Tyler Munis Payroll Implementation
33. No. 15TP007 Authorize Mayor and Finance Officer to Approve Professional Services Contract for LiDAR, Orthophotography and Elevation Contours Request for Proposals in an Amount not to Exceed $200,000
34. No. LF021115-09 Authorize Finance Officer to Transfer $80,000 from the General Fund to the Meadowbrook Golf Course Enterprise Fund to Cover an Operating Shortfall in FY2014
35. No. LF021115-10 Acknowledge withdrawal of Request for Property Tax Abatement by Nathaniel Spencer, 2014; dollar amount of abatement not specified.
Community Planning & Development Services Department Consent Items (NONE)
Continued Consent Items (NONE)
Bid Award Consent Items
36. No. CC020215-02.1 Approve award of Total Bid Plus All Alternates for Skyline Wilderness Park Trailhead Development, Project No. PR13-6109 / CIP No. 51002 opened on January 27, 2015, to the lowest responsible bidder, R.C.S. Construction, Inc. in the amount of $1,531,891.12. (Continued from the 2/2/15 Council)
37. No. CC021715-02.1 - City Staff recommends referring the Rapid City Sports Complex Phase 2 Project No. 15-2234 / CIP No. 50792 to the February 25, 2015 Legal and Finance Committee Meeting.
END OF CONSENT ITEMS
NON-CONSENT ITEMS Items 38 - 41
Open Public Comment Items 38 - 41
Close Public Comment
38. No. PW012715-28 Second Reading, Ordinance No. 6035, An Ordinance to Revise the Rural Service District Taxing District by Amending Chapter 3.08 of the Rapid City Municipal Code.
39. No. LF012814-21 Second Reading, Ordinance No. 6029, An Ordinance to Codify the Relationship between the Rapid City Regional Airport Board and the Rapid City Department of Fire and Emergency Services by Adding Section 2.72.115 to the Rapid City Municipal Code.
40. No. 15RZ001 - First Reading, Ordinance 6033, An Ordinance Amending Section 17.06 of Chapter 17 of the Rapid City Municipal Code, Rezoning the within Described Property as requested by Renner and Associates, LLC for DTH LLC for a Rezoning from Medium Density Residential District to General Commercial District for property generally described as being located at 519 Kathryn Avenue.
41. No. 15RZ002 - First Reading, Ordinance 6034, An Ordinance Amending Section 17.06 of Chapter 17 of the Rapid City Municipal Code, Rezoning the within Described Property as requested by City of Rapid City for a Rezoning from General Agricultural District to Low Density Residential District I for property generally described as being located lying east of the current southern terminus of Nugget Gulch Road.
Community Planning & Development Services Department Items (NONE)
Legal & Finance Committee Items (NONE)
Public Works Committee Items (NONE)
Compass Committee Items
CIP Committee Items
Other Board, Commission & Committee Items
Alcoholic Beverage License Applications
Council Items & Liaison Reports
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS Items 42 - 45
Open Public Hearing - Items 42 45 [Public Hearing Remains Open]
CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING CONSENT ITEMS (NONE)
END OF CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARINGS CONSENT ITEMS
Close Public Hearing - Items 42 - 45
CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS Item 42 - 45
Remove Items from the Consent Public Hearing Items and Vote on Remaining Consent Items
Community Planning & Development Services Department Items (NONE)
42. Fresh Start Convenience Stores, Inc. DBA Fresh Start Convenience Stores-Rapid Valley #21, 3888 E Highway 44 for a Package (off-sale) Liquor License TRANSFER from Metanoia LLC DBA Fresh Start Rapid Valley #21, 3887 East Highway 44
43. Rapid City Area Chamber of Commerce for a SPECIAL EVENT Wine and Malt Beverage License for an Event Scheduled for March 10, 2015 at Club for Boys Thrift Store, 960 Cambell Street
44. Rapid City Area Chamber of Commerce for a SPECIAL EVENT Wine and Malt Beverage License for an Event Scheduled for May 12, 2015 at Rapid City Chevrolet-Cadillac, 2323 E Mall Drive
45. No. LF021115-03 Resolution No. 2015-004B Levying Assessment for Cleanup of Miscellaneous Property
Other Items Requiring Public Hearings
END OF CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING CALENDAR
NON-CONSENT PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS (NONE)
46. No. CC021715-01 Bill List for February 17, 2015