From:                                         Allender Steve

Sent:                                           Monday, April 08, 2013 4:59 PM

To:                                               Allender Steve

Subject:                                     Pedestrian Campaign RFP & Selection

Attachments:                          Pedestrian RFP.pdf; RFP Selection.pdf

To the Mayor and Council members:

Please see two attachments, one is the pedestrian marketing campaign RFP sent out earlier this year. The other is a memo indicating our selection to be Lawrence and Schiller from Sioux Falls.

After looking through proposals from three marketing companies, including one based in Rapid City and one based in Deadwood, I believe L&S is the best choice for this project. In order for this campaign to be effective, we need something different and extremely creative, and L&S provided that in their proposal. The ideas brought forth by L&S in their proposal were a better fit than the ideas proposed by the other marketing companies. L&S has more extensive experience working on public safety campaigns, including multiple high-profile campaigns for the Department of Highway Safety and Highway Patrol. I am confident that they are the best choice to handle this project.

The City Attorney’s office has drafted an agreement to close this deal and a copy is now in the hands of Lawrence and Schiller executives.  I assume they will sign the contract and send it back very soon.

It is my recommendation that you approve the award of $40,000 to Lawrence and Schiller.  If you have questions, please let me know.

Steve