M E M O R A N D U M
To: Rapid City City Council
From: Rapid City Planning Commission
No. 99UR013 - Marshall Heights Tract
An application by Anne M. Devlin to consider a request for a Renewal of a Use On Review to allow a Child Care Center in the General Commercial Zoning District on Lot M-4, Marshall Heights Tract, Section 30, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at 2406 North Maple.
Staff recommends that the Renewal of a Use on Review to allow a Child Care Center be continued to the September 18, 2000 City Council meeting as all the stipulations have not been met.
PLANNING COMMISSION RECOMMENDATION:
Planning Commission recommended that the Renewal of a Use On Review to allow a Child Care Center in the General Commercial Zoning District be approved with the following stipulations:
Fire Department Recommendations:
1. That prior to City Council approval, the facility shall be in compliance with all building and fire codes;
Urban Planning Division Recommendations:
2. That prior to City Council approval, all provision of the Landscape Ordinance shall be met and a Certificate of Occupancy shall be issued for the facility;
3. That the maximum number of total children permitted in the facility when any component of the child care services is in operation shall be 75. Components of the child care services include, by whatever name they are identified, the following: preschool program; child care/day care program; after school care; summer day camp program; drop-in baby sitting services; and over-nighters/lock-ins";
4. That all provisions of Section 17.50.150, Child Care Centers, of the Rapid City Municipal Code be continually met;
5. That this Use On Review be approved for a maximum of three years, subject to renewal.
Vote: (9 to 0)