M E M O R A N D U M
To:Rapid City City Council
From: Rapid City Planning Commission
No. 00PL055 - Skyview North and Minnewasta SubdivisionAn application by Wyss Associates for B.E. Development to consider a request for a Preliminary and Final Plat on Lots 1 through 11 of Block 1 and Lots 1 through 11 of Block 2 of Skyview North Subdivision and Lot 25R of Minnewasta Subdivision (formerly Lot 25 of Minnewasta Subdivision) located in the E1/2 of SE1/4 of Section 10, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at the east end of Harney Road.
Note: Preliminary Plat was approved at the August 21, 2000 City Council meeting.
Staff recommends that the Final Plat be continued to the September 18, 2000 City Council meeting as the applicant has not met the stipulations.
PLANNING COMMISSION RECOMMENDATION:
Planning Commission recommended approval of the Preliminary and Final Plat with the following stipulations:
Engineering Division Recommendations:
1. Prior to City Council approval, the applicant shall provide minor corrections to the engineering plans and details;
2. Prior to City Council approval of the Final Plat, a note shall be placed upon the plat stating that specific geotechnical and slope stability information must be submitted to the City for review and approval prior to the issuance of any building permits;
3. Prior to City Council approval of the Final Plat, the petitioner shall submit the required Subdivision Cost Estimates form for approval and shall have paid the Subdivision Improvements Estimate fee;
4. Prior to City Council approval of the Final Plat, the petitioner shall have posted financial surety in a form to be approved by the City Attorney for any incomplete subdivision improvements;
Fire Department Recommendations:
5. No parking signs shall be posted along Huntington Place in accordance with the Street Design Criteria Manual;
6. Prior to City Council approval of the Final Plat, a note shall be placed on the plat which states: "Buildings on any lots having driveways exceeding 15% slope shall be equipped with an automated residential sprinkler system subject to approval of the Rapid City Fire Department";
Urban Planning Division Recommendations:
7. Prior to Final Plat approval by the City Council, a note shall be placed on the plat stating "a minimum of three off-street parking spaces in accordance with the Rapid City Zoning Ordinance shall be provide for each dwelling unit"; and,
8. The associated Planned Unit Development – Final Development Plan shall be approved in conjunction with this Preliminary and Final Plat.
Vote: Unanimous (9 to 0)