M E M O R A N D U M
TO:Rapid City City Council
FROM: Rapid City Planning Commission
No. 00PL045 - Trimble Subdivision
A request by Dream Design International for Helgeson Co. to consider an application for a Preliminary and Final Plat on Lot 1 Revised of Trimble Subdivision less dedicated public right of way located in Section 14, T1N, R7E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located south of U.S. Highway 16 and west of Texas Street.
Staff recommends that the Preliminary and Final Plat be continued to the September 18, 2000 City Council meeting as the applicant has not met the stipulations.
PLANNING COMMISSION RECOMMENDATION:
Planning Commission recommended that the Preliminary Plat and Final Plat be approved with the following stipulations:
Engineering Division Recommendations:
1. Prior to Preliminary Plat approval by the Planning Commission, additional drainage information, grading and topographic information as well as geotechnical evaluation information and slope stability analysis information may be required by the Engineering Division. Major drainage easements shall be shown on the plat as required by the Engineering Division;
2. Prior to Preliminary Plat approval by the City Council, the sanitary sewer line shall be relocated within the road right-of-way or a utility easement shall be shown on the plat for that portion of the sanitary sewer line located outside of the proposed road right-of-way;
3. Prior to Preliminary Plat approval by the City Council, revised road construction plans for the proposed approach from the adjacent property to U. S. Highway 16 shall be submitted for review and approval by the City Engineering Division and the South Dakota Department of Transportation;
4. Prior to Preliminary Plat approval by the City Council, all necessary changes shall be made to the Engineering plans as identified on the red lined drawings. Additionally, the red lined drawings shall be returned to the Engineering Division;
Urban Planning Division Recommendations:
5. Prior to City Council approval of the Final Plat, the plat shall be revised to show Fox Run Drive as right-of-way;
6. Prior to City Council approval of the Final Plat, a subdivision estimate form shall be submitted and all subdivision inspection fees paid; and,
7. Prior to City Council approval of the Final Plat, surety for any required subdivision improvements that have not been completed shall be posted.
Vote: Unanimous (7 to 0)