M E M O R A N D U M
TO:Rapid City City Council
FROM: Rapid City Planning Commission
ITEM: PCD #99PD039 - Marshall Heights Tract
A request by Robb Schlimgen to consider an application for a Planned Commercial Development Initial and Final Development Plan on Lot 2 of Lot K-4 of Marshall Heights Tract located in SW1/4 of Section 30, T2N, R8E, BHM, Rapid City, Pennington County, South Dakota, more generally described as being located at the intersection of LaCrosse Street and Rapp Street.
Note: City Council approved the Initial Development Plan with stipulations on January 17, 2000.
Planning Staff recommends that the Final Development Plan be continued to the September 5, 2000 meeting as the applicant has not met the stipulations.
PLANNING COMMISSION RECOMMENDATION:
Planning Commission recommended that the Planned Commercial Development be approved with the following stipulations:
Urban Planning Division Recommendations:
1. That a maximum height of six stories be allowed;
2. That the property owner donate the right-of-way for Farnwood Avenue;
3. That no other off premise signage be allowed;
4. That prior to approval of the Final Development Plan, a parking plan demonstrating adequate parking for both hotels shall be submitted for review and approval;
5. That the access off of LaCrosse Street be limited to ingress only. If this access is to be used for egress, complete engineering plans detailing the proposed grades for the access and meeting the Street Design Criteria Manual shall be submitted for review and approval prior to approval of the Final Development Plan;
6. That all provisions of the landscape ordinance shall be continually met;
7. That prior to approval of the Final Development Plan, information on building materials, types and colors to be used in the final design shall be submitted for review and approval;
8. That the final construction of the addition must conform architecturally to the plans and elevations submitted as part of the Final Development Plan;
Engineering Division Recommendations
9. That prior to issuance of a Building Permit, a site drainage plan shall be submitted showing all drainage from the site being directed to the storm sewer inlets and pipe on LaCrosse Street;
Fire Department Recommendations
10. That prior to issuance of a Building Permit, information on water flow data shall be submitted for review and approval;
11. That prior to approval of the Final Development Plan, a site plan showing the water mains, size and location, and the location of fire hydrants within 500 feet of the property shall be provided for review and approval; and,
12. That prior to approval of the Final Development Plan, a site plan indicating the fire truck access parking for the ladder truck shall be identified;
And, to recommend that the City of Rapid City contribute a maximum of $12,000 for the redesign of the hotel structure to a six- story facility;
And, to recommend that a tourist sign program be initiated similar to the state run program.
Vote: (6 to 2)